The Anantara Chiang Mai Resort and Spa was voted the #1 resort in SEA and #4 in the world by two industry magazines.
The resort was voted by readers of Conde Nast and Travel and Leisure magazines as their favorite place to visit. We at Hotelintel.co would tend to agree with those readers and we'd add a little more here as to why we believe that the Anantara Chiang Mai truly deserves these accolades.
Here are some facts about this beautiful resort in Chiang Mai
- The resort is located on the Bank of Ping river which is one of the two main tributaries of the Chao Phraya River.
- The resort's centrepiece, the stunning colonial house, was once the British consulate of Chiang Mai.
- The house plays home to The Service 1921 Restaurant and Bar, which charms guests with a cloak and dagger theme with a distinct 1920's British Military Intelligence flavour. It is complete with secret dining rooms, an interrogation dungeon and a fusion of culinary journeys from around the region full of mystery and intrigue.
- When it opened in 1921, the new consulate became a centre for sport and society, with a constant stream of international and local visitors. The consulate's parties for the British Kings' or Queens' birthdays were the highlight of the year.
- The consulate was closed for three years during WW2, and then was officially shut in 1978.
- Anantara Chiang Mai's Muay Thai instructor is Thailand's female national champion Saifah Sor Supharat - she'll put you through your paces with a private class.
- The Bodhi tree by the Riverside restaurant is over 300+ years old.
- Anantara Chiang Mai is a favourite among celebrities from around the region including Hong Kong Cantopop superstar Andy Lau.
- The resort was designed by legendary Australian architect Kerry Hill who specializes in designing hotels in tropical Asia.
- The general manager Syahreza Ishwara is recongized as one of our Hotelintel.co Hoteliers of the Month from Hotelinte.co - because he's nice!
- 1921 concept was developed and designed by SOHO Hospitality - a design and concept company run by Thai entrepreneur Rohit Sachdev.
- The British Military Intelligence era inspired uniforms are designed by WIMINTRA, the owner of WIMINTRA Uniforms.
Anantara Chiang Mai Resort & Spa has been so popular among locals and tourists alike that it has expanded into Anantara Chiang Mai Serviced Suites for those who want to check-in and never want to leave.