Hilton Worldwide (NYSE: HLT) has expanded its footprint to 100 countries and territories around the world by raising the Hilton flag at the Hilton N’Djamena in Chad.
In 2015, the company’s strategic focus on organic growth, led by 12 clearly-defined, market-leading brands, has resulted in Hilton Worldwide continuing to be the largest and fastest growing global hospitality company. Other achievements include:
- A record 100,000+ rooms were signed for development, adding to an industry-leading pipeline of 275,000 rooms globally*, half of which are under construction, representing nearly 20% of all rooms under construction globally;
- More than 50,000 gross rooms were added, and more than 43,000 net rooms, representing 6.6% growth in the managed and franchised segment; and
- 14,500 rooms were converted from competitors’ brands and independent hotels, representing nearly 30% of all openings in 2015.
Last year Hilton Worldwide also:
- Created an estimated 20,000+ new hotel jobs as a result of managed and franchised properties opening in its portfolio; and
- Welcomed more than 140 million visitors to the more than 4,600 owned, managed and franchised hotels and timeshare properties in its portfolio.
Since 2007, Hilton Worldwide has expanded by more than 50 percent and has successfully launched three new brands which collectively have nearly 60,000 rooms either open or in various stages of development, boosting the company’s growth. To provide even more options for guests and owners, Hilton Worldwide will unveil a midscale brand later this month, which will add meaningfully to the company’s growth.
“Entering our 100th country is a testament to the strength of our brands, which continue to position Hilton Worldwide as the fastest-growing global hospitality company with a record pipeline of rooms,” said Christopher J. Nassetta, president and CEO, Hilton Worldwide. “We strive to be the first choice for our owners by driving the best returns, for our guests by providing a compelling brand for any travel need, and for our Team Members by creating a great place to work.”
2015 Regional Highlights
- Americas: It was a record-breaking year for Hilton Worldwide’s largest market, where the company signed a record 500+ approvals for development representing more than one deal per day and totaling 65,000 rooms signed. The company continued to enter new markets in Latin America and the Caribbean (with 100 hotels now open) including Aruba, Bolivia and Guatemala.
- Europe, Middle East & Africa: Hilton Worldwide opened more than 7,000 rooms across Europe in 2015. It was also a monumental year for signings including Botswana and Armenia.
- Asia Pacific: Hilton Worldwide opened more than 5,000 rooms in the region for the third consecutive year. There was significant growth across price points from luxury to limited service with market entries in several countries for Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton by Hilton, Embassy by Hilton and Hilton Hotels & Resorts.
Award-Winning Guest Loyalty Program
- Hilton HHonors added six million new Hilton HHonors members in 2015 – the company’s highest number of enrollments ever in a single year – for a total of more than 50 million members, who are driving more than 52% of occupancy to the company’s portfolio of brands.
Innovating the Guest Experience
- Digital Check-in, which allows guests to check in and choose their exact room at more than 4,400 hotels around the world, has been used by guests 8.5 million times since launching in June 2014.
- Nearly 100 U.S. properties have installed Digital Key, which gives frequent guests the option to bypass the hotel check-in counter and access their rooms directly via the Hilton HHonors app on their smartphones; and
- More than 2.5 million guests downloaded the Hilton HHonors app in 2015.
Contributing to the Communities in which We Serve
- Open Doors: Hilton Worldwide announced a commitment to impact one million youth by 2019 and has already reached more than 400,000 young people through apprenticeship programs, career engagement and life skills training.
- Global Month of Service: Hilton Worldwide hotels around the world united to address social, economic and environmental needs during the company’s annual Global Month of Service in October. Together, volunteers completed 4,145 projects, contributing more than 213,000 hours in 92 countries.
Visit 100.hilton.com for more information about Hilton Worldwide’s global footprint, and click here to see Hilton Worldwide’s Team Members celebrating the 100-country milestone.
- Including rooms approved but not yet signed