Canopy by Hilton doubles its investment in social impact and cut its environmental footprint in half by 2030 in support of Hilton’s Travel with Purpose 2030 Goals.
The Initiatives include:
- Building re-use: for both sustainable and economic benefit, two of the three buildings that comprise this hotel have been reused in construction.
- Green thinking: a green roof not only supports the City of London’s drive to create more green spaces, but also helps with passive heating, allowing the property to conserve heat without using additional energy.
- Efficient operations: a proportion of the hotel’s energy will be derived from solar panels adorning another of its rooftop spaces, whilst an intelligent Building Management System controls the use of lighting and air conditioning throughout the building, significantly reducing waste energy.
- Sustainable sleeping: guests will sleep easy on beds made from post-industrial recycled steel and wood from sustainable forests, waking up to sustainably produced bath amenities featuring recyclable packaging and filtered water served in reusable glass bottles.
- Leading with local: part of the fabric of its local neighbourhood, the hotel proudly sources the majority of food and beverage from local suppliers, celebrating community farms, craft breweries and artisanal bakeries.
Recently, Hilton has celebrated the UK’s first Canopy by Hilton hotel , Canopy by Hilton London City located close to Aldgate station. This eco-conscious 340-room hotel provides the perfect base for design conscious travellers looking to immerse themselves in London’s lively East End.