The proud flagship of JW Marriott Hotels and Resorts in Vietnam, JW Marriott Phu Quoc Emerald Bay Resort and Spa will open its doors to public in January 2017, making it the first international luxury hotel brand on Phu Quoc island.
Here are 10 things you need to know about JW Marriott Phu Quoc
- The resort, designed by Bill Bensley, is inspired by a mythical academy of learning with each building is built after a faculty, so even within the same category, the rooms will look different based on its building.
- All furniture are designed by Bill Bensley and manufactured exclusively for the resort
- All decorations are real artifacts collected from around the world
- The resort features a “lantern room” with thousands of Hoi An lanterns. Want to DIY one to bring home? They offer lantern making class here as well
- The Convention center is inspired by a “Chamber of disappointed designers”, which features all failed inventions through history (do you know that there were some 6-wheel bus roaming around until they realized that it was a bad idea and stopped producing though? Visit JW Phu Quoc and see the original drawing of that bus)
- The Executive Chef is a Japanese native who specialize in French cuisine
- The resort’s main restaurant is a dining theatre Tempus Fugit (means Time Flies), featuring 3 different dining concepts: Vietnamese and Japanese and French kitchen
- We hear shopping. Forget the boring resort’s shops. Here features Rue de Lamarck, a shopping streets within the resort with artisanal boutiques and (drumroll) Bill Bensley’s very own shop
- Still Rue de Lamarck, there will be daily ritual with street performances, art shows, street food inspired, etc. on this street every day. So you don’t have to go out of the property’s premise to have fun.
- The resort’s mascot is the Phu Quoc ridgeback, a very famous dog breed in Vietnam from this island
JW Marriott Phu Quoc Emerald Bay is the proud flagship of JW Marriott Hotels and Resorts in Vietnam. JW Marriott Phu Quoc offers a selection of 244 artistically unique well-appointed rooms, suites, apartments, and villas.